British Virgin Islands (BVI) is one of the most popular offshore jurisdictions in the world. The simplicity and availability of offshore financial services are main features of the jurisdiction.
Advantages of BVI as your Jurisdiction of choice:
- Simple company registration and maintenance procedures
- No pre-paid capital requirement
- A minimum mandated number of shareholders and directors is one. Corporate persons can fulfil those roles. No residency requirement.
- Profits received from the sources outside BVI are tax free in the BVI.
- Official currency — US dollar
- The jurisdiction is whitelisted by the OECD.
Fee Schedule for Company Formation in BVI
|Apostilled company documents||●||●||●||●|
What documents will you receive upon incorporation?
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Subscriber’s Resolution
- First resolution of Directors
- Relevant Share Certificate(s)
If nominee Services are ordered alongside company formation you will also receive the following:
- Apostilled Power of Attorney
- Trust deed
- Nominee Directors Declaration.
What do you need to form a company in BVI?
Give us a call, or drop us an email and we would be glad to elaborate all the requirements for you.
Taxation and Statutory Requirements at a glance
International Business companies, that do not conduct commercial activity inside British Virgin Islands, are tax free in the jurisdiction.
Companies need to provide information about where the financial documents are kept. There is no requirement to file financial accounts in the BVI.
Business companies cannot own property in the BVI, except for instance of renting an office. Bank, insurance and trust activity is licensed.
The BVI offshore companies laws were passed in 1984. In 2006 the number of registered companies was over 750 thousand, and in the year 2012 there were over a million formed companies.